Monday, October 24, 2011

I don't know why I do this to myself!!!

So, I was reading the newest blog post at craftysisters about their witch shoes.  While I was there, I saw a post from last year about a Halloween village that I thought was fabulous.  So, of course, I thought this would be a great project for Robbie.  I just knew he would love the idea and would have plenty of opinions on exactly how he'd like to do it.  Boy, did he ever.  In fact, he sat down and sketched out his design with perfect detail on how it would look and what would go on it right down to the color specs.  I kid you not.  I spent 2 hours yesterday going from Michaels to Joannes to Party City and Home Goods looking for all the stuff he wanted for his village, because it had to be just right.  He wanted a scary village, so we were on the hunt for scary creatures and dark colors.  Well obviously this late in the game, we were limited on what we found.  We would find the right skeleton for example, but it wasn't to scale.  He didn't care at all, but I sure did.  And we argued about it right in the middle of the store.  So, I told him this would be like our Christmas village we do every year.  We would add to it every year which would give us plenty of time to find the things he wanted and mom approved.  Whew!!  I dodged a bullet.  We managed to get 2 of the houses decorated last night.  I went to Lowes today to pick up some other supplies, because he left me this morning with very strict instructions to have these things so we could work on it when he got home from school.  I'll have pics posted in a day or so, because little man will not let me rest until we get it finished.  You think I'm kidding.  I am so serious.  He will wear me out.  Why do I do this to myself?  I know how he is, and yet I do it anyway.  It's not like I have a lot of time on my hands with a hundred other projects waiting for their turn.  Dear Lord, give me strength.  I will seriously need it!  But I will be excited to see the look on his face when it's completed, since he already thinks what we've done so far is "awesome"!!  I guess that's why I do it..........  He really knows how to work me, huh?  I am such a sucker!

Angela

0 comments:

Post a Comment