Monday, December 5, 2011

Laptop Case





This is a 13" Laptop sleeve I made for my daughter.  I made another for one of her best friends.  I found the pattern here.  It was really very simple to put together.  Although, I made it slightly more difficult by adding ric rac around the flap.  If I make another, I'll know a little better how to get it in there straight.  It was challenging because it was sandwiched between the outside fabric and the lining, so you really can't see it.  I knew where my stitch line would be, so I moved it in just a smidge inside to be sure that it would catch just the outside edge.  I had to rip it out in spots and reattach once I turned the case right side out.  I'm still trying to determine a better way to add trim.  I'm thinking that rather than stitch the flap with the body of the case and then turning, I would simply turn in both the lining and outside fabric by 3/8" after turning, then slide the trim in between the layers then top stitch closed.  I top stitched around the whole flap anyway, so I don't think it would matter much.  I may try that next time.  I was very pleased with the result.

This is a close-up of the ric rac.


This is what it looks like open.  I slid a big jar of body butter inside to keep it open.


And this one is with both of them side by side.  I think it looks so much cuter with the ric rac, don't you think?


Two more Christmas gifts done!  I think at last count I had 6 left, and not all of those are sewing projects.

Angela


1 comment: