Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Bling Bling Pouch






Britt came home for the holidays and had a few extra projects for me.  This extra large jewelry pouch was just one of them.  A make-up bag and curling iron cover round out the set.  I used the fabric left over from her overnight bag to make these. 

This is a picture of the inside.

It's hard to see in the picture, but there are two inner circles that make up the little pockets.  I modified another pattern I had to make this larger and with more pockets.  In hindsight, I should have spun the innermost circle just slightly so the pockets wouldn't have been right on top of each other.  I'll do that if I have to make another.

I also used my brand new bias binding presser foot to attach the binding.  I'm in love with that foot.  It made sewing this pouch soooo much simpler.  It is one step to attach the binding in lieu of with a regular foot.  The binding goes on completely even. I hand stitched the rope trim around the two inner pieces for aesthetics.  I'd use this pattern again with a few minor tweaks.  I may even list some in my shop.

Angela

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment