Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Go Fish Quilt Finished!

I love the colors in this quilt.  I finally decided on the lime green binding.  I had some help from some great women at the fabric store.  They also helped me choose my backing.

It's hard to see in the picture, but it looks like little bubbles.  They didn't have enough of the fabric though, so I wound up piecing the back.  Here's a pic.


I took these pictures outside, because our weather has been fantastic.  Notice Gabby in the shot?  If I go outside, she is going to be right under my feet.  And she was having nothing of my taking these pictures without her.  I chose to quilt it with a dark blue thread by hand and just around the blocks.  The prints were so busy, I didn't want a whole lot going on with the quilting.  I wanted it very subtle.

I am finally finished and can work on some other projects that have gone by the wayside.  I am almost finished with my hutch.  I have attached all the shelves, filled the holes with wood putty, and now it just waits for paint.  I'll be painting today and should have pictures later in the week.

Happy Tuesday.
Angela

0 comments:

Post a Comment