Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Belgian Lace

Britt toured Europe for 10 days last month and happened to stop in Bruges.  And or course I had specific instructions to get mama some lace.  She couldn't find exactly what I wanted, but I'd say she did very well for alternatives.

This is the apron she found.

Sorry for the chair model!  I didn't have a real one. lol

And a close up of the bottom.

Aren't those eyelets so sweet?  And the embroidery!  She said they had all sorts of bobbins going in all directions to make the lace.

I haven't decided what to do with the apron yet.  I'm afraid to use it!  I thought it would be precious as a pinafore, or I may just put it on a dress form in my future sewing room.

This is the collar she found.

And a close up.

This one I'll use on a little girl's dress.  I think it would work on a size 5 or 6.  But we'll see.  I might be able to use my yoke dress pattern.  I may have to try another pattern altogether.  We'll see.  I can't wait to try it.  This might be my next project.  I'll be working on Christmas gifts again soon, so I better get it started.  I still have to finish my vintage 70's wide legged pants.  I have the muslin completed.  Now I have to use the real fabric.  Woohoo!!  Progress!

Good job Britt!!

Have a happy Wednesday!
Angela

2 comments:

  1. That Belgian lace is exquisite! I just love both pieces. I don't think I could use the apron and I would put it on the dress form too! The intricate work on the collar is gorgeous - glad you took a close up - it really shows it off. The flowery inside motif is so beautiful.
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim. I wold love to learn to do this kind of lace! Maybe when I'm retired, I can spend some time in Belgium. lol

    ReplyDelete