Tuesday, September 25, 2012

No ordinary bag!


This is a bag I just finished for my niece.  It turned out much larger than anticipated but cute nonetheless.  I found the pattern here.

It was very easy to follow.  My only very, very small complaint is that there was no closure.  Not to worry, I'm going to add a snap or button to fix that little problem.  I'm also not terribly fond of the webbing, so next time I'll use Peltex and use fabric.  I just don't like to see the stitching lines running through the webbing, and switching thread color would have been a pain in the patooty.  I also added a zippered pocket to the inside.

Here is a better picture of the straps.


I used my new Viking ruffler attachment for the ruffles on the handles.  I looooove that ruffler!!!  I might have to post a tutorial on how to use it; although, once you get the hang of it, it's easy peasy!  I can't believe I managed all these years without the ruffler.  I will never again be without it.  You'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands!  LOL!  It was definitely worth the money.  I found one on Ebay.  You gotta love Ebay! A word of caution though; there are different rufflers for different Viking machines.  Be sure to get the one that fits your machine. 

Oh, and one little piece of advice if you make this bag.  Use a slightly larger seam allowance on your lining.  It will produce a much better fit inside the bag.  I used a 1/4" larger seam in the lining.

I guess you can see I'm still not over my obsession with yo-yo's!  I love those things even though they take a little time when you have ton of them to do.  Luckily for me, this one only required 2!

Stop by anytime!!  I love having visitors.

Angela

0 comments:

Post a Comment