Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Amy Butler Bag

This is the newest bag I've made for my hair stylist who is also one of my best friends.  She cuts all the kids hair all year long and never charges me.  So I want to do something nice for her for Christmas.

This one was much easier than the first, since I already knew what I was doing. LOL  I did not like the way the piping was finished in the instructions, so I did that differently.  I cut the cording so it butt together, then tucked in inside the bias turning under the end of the top bias.

This is the inside.


The main fabric came from equilter.com, the dot fabric from Hobby Lobby, and the black/white stripe from Colonial Quilts.  I tried the dots for the piping, but the dots wouldn't line up properly even when I tried to cut slightly off bias.  So I opted for the stripe.  I think it turned out cute even if it didn't quite turn out the way I wanted.

UPDATE:  I PUT A FLOWER ON THE FRONT OF THE BAG AT A FRIEND'S SUGGESTION.





Happy Thanksgiving!


2 comments:

  1. What an amazing gift! PERFECT fabric choices. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love the colors in the quilt you are working on. I've always wanted to make a tumbler quilt. I don't know that I would have the patience. lol

      Delete