Thursday, August 18, 2016

Make-up Bag





My daughter, Britt, needed a new make-up bag but wanted one that would stand up when opened.  I had that I use that fit the bill, but it was a little small.  But I liked the shape and thought I could work with it.

I measured it out and decided it needed to be 2 inches longer and 1 inch wider.  I liked the height so didn't change that. If I recall, this measures 11" x 6" and 2.5" wide.

And basically, it's 5 pieces.  The two side pieces, the boxing, zipper facing and handle.  And I added piping for even more stability.  This fabric was home dec that I found at Joann's and used to make a gym bag.  I'll post that one later.  All pieces are interfaced.  I used Pellon SF101 for the lining and fusible fleece for the outer pieces.

This is the inside.  That is also home dec fabric from Joann's.  The outer bag and lining are constructed separately and the lining is set in and hand stitched to the zipper.


It was a very simple bag to make.  Sorry I didn't take pictures along the way.  I wasn't sure how it would turn out. LOL

Thanks for stopping by.  Feel free to ask questions or post comments.

Angela

1 comment:

  1. I know I am coming in late for this bag, but I just love it. Do you think it would work with sewing fabric if it was interfaced?

    Nonie

    ReplyDelete